I Want to Read It (58): The Naturals



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



The Naturals (The Naturals, 1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, November 5, 2013. Published by Disney-Hyperion. Source: Wishlist.
Seventeen-year-old Cassie is a natural at reading people. Piecing together the tiniest details, she can tell you who you are and what you want. But it’s not a skill that she’s ever taken seriously. That is, until the FBI come knocking: they’ve begun a classified program that uses exceptional teenagers to crack infamous cold cases, and they need Cassie.

What Cassie doesn’t realize is that there’s more at risk than a few unsolved homicides—especially when she’s sent to live with a group of teens whose gifts are as unusual as her own. Sarcastic, privileged Michael has a knack for reading emotions, which he uses to get inside Cassie’s head—and under her skin. Brooding Dean shares Cassie’s gift for profiling but keeps her at arm’s length.

Soon, it becomes clear that no one in the Naturals program is what they seem. And when a new killer strikes, danger looms closer than Cassie could ever have imagined. Caught in a lethal game of cat and mouse with a killer, the Naturals are going to have to use all of their gifts just to survive.
Why

Having just finished Jennifer Lynn Barnes' The Squad duology, I was curious to see what her newer books looked like. Then I ran across The Naturals and I'm thinking that I need this series in my life!! 
 I really like the premise of this one; it just sounds so exciting. Sure, it's a skosh similar, with teens being drafted by the government for special jobs, to the Squad books, but it sure sounds fascinating. 

Comments

  1. Wow, sounds like it'll be an exciting read! I wonder if I already put this in my name-twins category on Goodreads... *checks* Yes I did! Hope you get around to it soon. Hopefully it'll be amazing!

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts