Spinning Pages (14): Killer Spirit/Boom Bang Boom


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 


Sometimes, rarely though, a book and song just insist that they should be together. Which is just what happened with F(x)'s Boom Bang Boom and Jennifer Lynn Barnes' Killer Spirit. Keep reading to see why!!


Boom Bang Boom by F(x)-
You look at me and give me a dull hello
If I go against you,
you won’t recover, you will pay
I didn’t learn from anywhere, there’s a gleam in my eye
I’m born this way, I’m a bit tired
but I’ll show you. Look carefully.

Get on the ring quickly, this a one chance,
its time to pick a victor
Are you ready for it? Rah!

Quickly I will dodge your chicness.
I will attack, you avoid me too
Focus on you defence, I’m stronger than you think
La La La La La La La La

With the Squad's exsistence in the balance, this song fits with their desperation to keep their edge and prove that they could get the job done. I like Boom Bang Boom because it not fits the situation the girls are facing in the book, but also how they hide their brilliant selves behind a catty, better-than-thou persona. 

Want to hear the full song, your in luck as I've eincluded it below. Tell me what you think of F(x)'s Boom Bang Boom being paired with (also check out my review) Killer Spirit!!


Comments

Popular Posts