Spinning Pages (13): Perfect Cover/ Bad Girl


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 



I had entirely too many songs that could have worked for this book. I seriously considered pairing more than one song up with Perfect Cover, but decided that it would be best to keep it down to one song. It might just be me, yet I think that the characters might, albeit mildly, approve of the song selection- Bad Girl by Ladies' Code.

Bad Girl by Ladies' Code-
I’m a bad girlYes, I’m that kind of girlA person who deceives for loveWho doesn’t knowHow to hurt or cryA bad girlIs what you would call meBad Girl bad girl bad bad girlPlease leave me alone now
“You’re a weak girlYou’re a nice girl in my eyesA pitiful girl”Don’t view me like thatI’m sick of this now

There were about five other songs that I considered using, yet this was the one that stood out the most for Perfect Cover. From being underestimated, by everybody, to their various attempts to use a certain boy to get behind enemy lines, this song just really worked for the book. 

To be quite honest, I selected this song with two characters in mind, Toby and Brooke, as both like to pretend that nothing gets to them. 

I almost did not use this song simply because it still makes me somewhat sad to listen to Ladies' Code after they loss two members a couple years ago. But in the end, the song is just too good and perfect to not use it; that and I've liked it since it first released.

You can listen to all of Ladies' Code's Bad Girl below!!

           

Comments

Popular Posts