Spinning Pages (12): Orphan Island/Be the Light


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 



So we meet again! Guys, it was so difficult choosing which book and song to pair select this week!! There were just too many options to choose from... But I decided that Laurel Snyder's Orphan Island would be taking the spotlight this go-round. 

Be the Light by Block B-

It’s dark and I can’t see
I put out my hand but only the wind clashes
I don’t know why but this place is strange
I’m getting used to this misery
I live like a shadow

I thought that you’ll look at me at least once
With the useless hope
In my imagination
I have the conversation with you all night
I deep inside of you
(I can’t get over)
Only you can light up my surroundings
(English translation from Color Coded Lyrics)
Be the Light is one of my favorite songs from Block B so, of course, I'm excited to be able to use it here today for this post. When I was preparing, by listening to tons of songs and, if necessary, looking up the English lyrics, I could not help but feel that this song really worked well for Jinny and every feeling she experienced as her world began changing. From the loss of her best friend Deen, to the raging feelings exploding within her.

Want to learn more about Laurel Snyder's Orphan Island, then check out my review and see why you want to read this one!!

Curious as to what the Be the Light sounds like, well then you are in luck because you can listen to it below. Hope you love this week's edition of Spinning Pages!!


Comments

Popular Posts