I Want to Read It (57): Palace of Spies



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



Palace of Spies (Palace of Spies, 1) by Sarah Zettle, November 5, 2013. Published by HMH Books for Young Readers. Source: Want to Read.
A warning to all young ladies of delicate breeding who wish to embark upon lives of adventure: Don't. 
Sixteen-year-old Peggy is a well-bred orphan who is coerced into posing as a lady in waiting at the palace of King George I. Life is grand, until Peggy starts to suspect that the girl she's impersonating might have been murdered. Unless Peggy can discover the truth, she might be doomed to the same terrible fate. But in a court of shadows and intrigue, anyone could be a spy—perhaps even the handsome young artist with whom Peggy is falling in love...
History and mystery spark in this effervescent series debut.
Why

I don't know about you, but when summer rolls around I want all the books filled with spies, magic, or adventure. Having already read to spy books this summer, I was browsing Goodreads in hopes of finding another; enter Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettle. I only vaguely recall hearing about this one when it published four years ago, so I don't know if it was popular or not...but it sounds interesting with its court intrigue. 

The only thing that bothers me about this book, from what one can see from the synopsis, is the main characters name. Oh well! 

In a stroke of luck, my library actually has a copy so I'm off to see about checking it out. 

Comments

Popular Posts