Teaser Tuesday: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass and City of Saints

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat. To participate, simply do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser is taken from Alice Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll and City of Saints by George Weigel. Enjoy.

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll-
I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." 

I simply adored the writing of this one!! Lewis Carroll's writing reminded me somewhat of C.S. Lewis, so, that made it almost a shoe-in on its being liked by me.

You can see my full thoughts on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by checking out my review.

City of Saints by George Weigel-
Poland was a reminder to the world that there is more to history and power than brute force; the human spirit can bend the course of history in nobler directions. Culture drives history, over the long haul.
This book, simply put, is incredible!! Wonderful in-depth look at the history and culture of Poland!!

You can see my full thoughts on City of Saints by checking out my review.

Comments

Popular Posts