I Want to Read It (5): Odin's Ravens


I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.




Odin's Ravens (Blackwell Pages, 2) by K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr, May 13, 2014. Published by 
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. Status: Own/Need to read.
Seven kids, Thor's hammer, and a whole lot of Valkyries are the only things standing against the end of the world.

When thirteen-year-old Matt Thorsen, a modern day descendant of the Norse god Thor, was chosen to represent Thor in an epic battle to prevent the apocalypse he thought he knew how things would play out. Gather the descendants standing in for gods like Loki and Odin, defeat a giant serpent, and save the world. No problem, right?

But the descendants' journey grinds to a halt when their friend and descendant Baldwin is poisoned and killed and Matt, Fen, and Laurie must travel to the Underworld in the hopes of saving him. But that's only their first stop on their journey to reunite the challengers, find Thor's hammer, and stop the apocalypse--a journey filled with enough tooth-and-nail battles and larger-than-life monsters to make Matt a legend in his own right.
Why: I know, I'm terribly behind on this series, but, is that really a surprise?!?! 

Honestly though, I really just enjoyed everything about Loki's Wolves and am beyond curious to see what will happen next. Besides, I really liked that this book that was, as you can guess, heavy on mythology centered around Norse mythology instead of,you guessed it, Greek.

Definitely excited to pull Odin's Ravens off my TBR stack for reading some time soon.

Comments

Popular Posts