The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn

Series: Samurai Detective (book 1)
Number of Pages: 216
Publication Date: 1999
Genre: Mystery
Synopsis: "While attempting to solve the mystery of a stolen jewel, Seikei, a merchant's son who longs to be a samurai, joins a group of kabuki actors in eighteenth-century Japan."

The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn was good, but entirely too easy to figure out. I had the thief pegged before the theft even occurred and the reason for they did it.
The main character Seikei was fairly interesting with his dream to become a samurai, even though he was born into a merchant family.
 There's not really much one can say about this book without giving away too much about the story. Although the mystery was thinly veiled, I do recommend giving The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn a chance, as I will be checking my library on my next trip for the sequel.

 The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn earns 3 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid

Comments

  1. I think I will pass on this one since you didn't like it. Plus it doesn't sound like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel: It's not that I didn't like The Ghost in the Tokaido Inn, it's just that it was very easy for me to figure out the plot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds good. I love a good samurai book. Too bad it was so easy to figure out. I hate that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts