In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library Books:
Author: Neil Gaiman
Title: The Graveyard Book
Number of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2008
Synopsis: "Nobody Owens, known to his friends as Bod, is a normal boy. He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a sprawling graveyard, being raised and educated by ghosts, with a solitary guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor of the dead. There are dangers and adventures in the graveyard for a boy. But if Bod leaves the graveyard, then he will come under attack from the man Jack—who has already killed Bod's family . . . Beloved master storyteller Neil Gaiman returns with a luminous new novel for the audience that embraced his New York Times bestselling modern classic Coraline. Magical, terrifying, and filled with breathtaking adventures, The Graveyard Book is sure to enthrall readers of all ages."


Author: Jaclyn Moriarty
Title: The Year of Secret Assignments
Number of Pages: 340
Publication Date: 2004
Synopsis: "The Ashbury-Brookfield pen pal program is designed to bring together the two rival schools in a spirit of harmony and "the Joy of the Envelope." But when Cassie, Lydia, and Emily send their first letters to Matthew, Charlie, and Sebastian, things don't go quite as planned. What starts out as a simple letter exchange soon leads to secret missions, false alarms, lock picking, mistaken identities, and an all-out war between the schools--not to mention some really excellent kissing."


Author: L.A. Meyer
Title: Under the Jolly Roger
Series: A Bloody Jack Adventure (book 3)
Number of Pages: 518
Publication Date: 2005
Synopsis: "After leaving the Lawson Peabody School for Young Girls in Boston -- under dire circumstances, of course -- Jacky Faber boards a whaling ship bound for London, where she hopes to find her beloved Jaimy. But things don't go as planned, and soon Jacky is off on a wild misadventure at sea. She thwarts the lecherous advances of a crazy captain, rallies sailors to her side, and ultimately gains command of a ship in His Majesty's Royal Navy. But Jacky's adventures don't end there . . ."
 

The only book I got this week from the library that I had actually planed on getting was Under the Jolly Roger by L.A. Meyer, but I'm quite excited about finding The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, and I hope that the Year of Secret Assignments is as interesting as the synopsis makes it sound. Maybe next time I will be able to find the next two books in the Wicked Lovely series (Ink Exchange and Fragile Eternity).

I do believe that is all for me this week in books.


Orchid

Comments

  1. I didn't know Secret Assignments had a different title in the US - here it's called Finding Cassie Crazy. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice week. I have been wanting to read Secret Assignments. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books you got this week. The Year of Secret Assignments is a really good book. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like The Graveyard book but I dislike the ending. Happy Reading!


    Peace
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my copy of THE GRAVEYARD BOOK waiting to be read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about reading The Graveyard book. It sounds interesting, and the cover is interesting. Let me know if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog title, it is true awesomeness. The graveyard book is one of my favorite reads. I just loved it and hope for a sequel one day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lizzy: I loved the Graveyard Book, it's definitely worth reading.

    Ravenous Reader: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished the Graveyard Book recently, and I really enjoyed it!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw Kelli Christine's review on The Graveyard Book and it sounds great. I can't wait to see your review on it!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts