The Graveyard Book

Author: Neil Gaiman
Title: The Graveyard Book
Number of Pages: 320
Publication Date: 2008
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Synopsis: "Nobody Owens, known to his friends as Bod, is a normal boy. He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a sprawling graveyard, being raised and educated by ghosts, with a solitary guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor of the dead. There are dangers and adventures in the graveyard for a boy. But if Bod leaves the graveyard, then he will come under attack from the man Jack—who has already killed Bod's family . . . Beloved master storyteller Neil Gaiman returns with a luminous new novel for the audience that embraced his New York Times bestselling modern classic Coraline. Magical, terrifying, and filled with breathtaking adventures, The Graveyard Book is sure to enthrall readers of all ages."


I started reading The Graveyard Book (yesterday) as soon as I (finally) finished reading Crime and Punishment and I could not put it down until after I had read the very last page. I must say that I absolutely loved this book. Even though I was a bit iffy with the character being so young in the beginning of the book, but since Bod wasn't your typical youth his age was quickly forgotten by me.
  My only problem with the book would have to that it took so long to address why his family was murdered, but other than that minor irritation the Graveyard Book was a fantastic read which I hope to permanently add to my shelf one day along with Neil Gaiman's Coraline.
  The best character in the book would have to be Silas, he was just a very interesting character who was both dark and mysterious (I don't want to give away anything about him, so I'm not going to say anything else about his character).
  I would definitely recommend The Graveyard Book to anybody who enjoys a mixture of fantasy and horror with a highly likeable cast of characters.

The Graveyard Book being extremely awesome receives 5 out of 5 pineapples.
Orchid

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts