In the Belly of the Bloodhound

Author: L.A. Meyer
Series: A Bloody Jack Adventure (book 4)
Number of Pages: 528
Publication Date: 2006
Genre: YA/Historical Novel
Synopsis: "The British crown has placed a price on Jacky's head, and so she returns to the Lawson Peabody School for Young Girls in Boston to lay low. But laying low isn't in the cards for a spunky lass who finds trouble even when she's not looking for it. A school outing goes awry as Jacky and her classmates are abducted and forced into the hold of the Bloodhound, a ship bound for the slave markets on the Barbary Coast. All of Jacky's ingenuity, determination, and plain old good luck will be put to the test as she rallies her classmates to fight together to avoid being sold on the auction block in this new installment of the Bloody Jack Adventures."


I loved the latest installment in the Bloody Jack Adventure series.
 In the Belly of the Bloodhound picks up pretty much were Under the Jolly Roger left off, with Jacky being wanted under charges of piracy, and her making her way to Boston to lie low until the heat dies down a bit (like that's going to happen).
 My favorite part of the book I think would have to have been the change that comes over (almost) all of the girls who are kidnapped and put on board one of the slaver ships, where they will be auctioned off. They went from being pampered little rich girls, to engineering and carrying out their own escape.
You also get to hear more about Jacky and her story from before she joined the crew of the Dolphin.
 For this book my favorite character(s) would have to be the Diana's led by Katy. They where awesome, I'd tell you what made them cool, but I'll leave that for you to read about and judge for yourself.
 The saddest part would have to be when Jacky loses yet another friend (it seems to me that Jacky loses at least one friend to death a book).
 Although, I so saw how the book was going to end, no way was she going to get off that easily, but still a great read.

 In the Belly of the Bloodhound gets 5 out of 5 pineapples.  
Orchid    

Comments

  1. I've never seen this series but I'll have to give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep intending to get into the Bloody Jack series, but other things keep getting in the way. The more I see reviews like this, the more I kick myself for the delay.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts