Teaser Tuesday: My Brigadista Year


Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat. To participate, simply do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser is taken from My Brigadista Year by Katherine Paterson. Enjoy!

My Brigadista Year by Katherine Paterson-
It was hard for me to believe that this place that had once been a playground for the wealthy was now the place where we ordinary youngsters would be trained to be brigadistas.We were called brigadistas because we young literacy workers, those of us under eighteen, would be part of the new Conrado Benitez Brigade.


I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this one! It was one of those books that you hope will be decent but ends up being much better than you expected.

Curious to know my full thoughts on Katherine Paterson newest release (okay, not out till next week) My Brigadista Year, then hop on over to my review to learn more about this fascinating book!!

Comments

Popular Posts