Non-Fiction Review: New York Street Style



New York Street Style by Zoé de Las Cases, August 29, 2017. 80 pages. Published by Clarkson Potter Publishers. Source: Blogging for Books.
Adult coloring gets a makeover with charming, fashion-forward illustrations from the city that never sleeps. 
Wherever you’re off to, take New York Street Style with you. Transport yourself to bustling New York, and give life to the city. Beautifully detailed outfits, accessories, and hairstyles complement iconic skylines and intricate street scenes. Embellish whimsical, full-page patterns with your own touch and window shop the elegant stores of New York while you make your way through an iconic city.

This sleek, high-end package has an elastic closure and a satin ribbon marker so you can dip in and dip out of your own New York fashion week. With nothing more than some colored pencils, you'll be on your way to a perfect New York day.


You know how I said I really enjoyed the artwork from Tokyo Street Style, well I could not resist snagging a review copy of Zoé de Las Cases' New York Street Style, as well. Keeping reading to find out why!!
  • While it may take me ages to actually color in a single sheet, I'm really excited about the artwork in this coloring book. I actually enjoy Zoé de Las Cases' illustrations more than the ones in most adult coloring books. Usually, the designs are so busy that one I never know where to start; yet with hers, they're just really nice. The pages are detailed yet not overflowing with designs to the point where your head hurts just from looking at it.

  • I'm not all that familiar with New York, though I have driven through parts of it. So, I cannot vouch for the scenery and wardrobe in some of the illustrations; though I did find most of them to be very appealing to the eye as there's a wide variety of styles in what the people are wearing. 
  •  When it comes to the designs, other than the clarity of design in the illustrations, what really draws my eyes is the panels with a minimal feel. Like the ones that have just one person and a short message; it's panels like those that catch my attention because it is simple yet well done. Overall, I just really like the variety of panels with this coloring book. You have the busier designs that will take more work to finish, then you have the more minimal designs that you could color in a short time. It keeps the pages fresh and entertaining as you can choose the level of difficulty for your mood.

Final Verdict: New York Street Style- Zoé de Las Cases' designs are really vibrant and fresh! I love that there's such a wide variety of designs with her coloring books; you have your more difficult panels then there are the easier ones, too.

New York Street Style earns

A copy of this book was obtained through Blogging for Books for review consideration. All thoughts are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts