I Want to Read It (75): Miles Morales



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the ones, I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



Miles Morales by Jason Reynolds, August 1, 2017. Published by Marvel Press. 
"Everyone gets mad at hustlers, especially if you're on the victim side of the hustle. And Miles knew hustling was in his veins."
Miles Morales is just your average teenager. Dinner every Sunday with his parents, chilling out playing old-school video games with his best friend, Ganke, crushing on brainy, beautiful poet Alicia. He's even got a scholarship spot at the prestigious Brooklyn Visions Academy. Oh yeah, and he's Spider Man.

But lately, Miles's spidey-sense has been on the fritz. When a misunderstanding leads to his suspension from school, Miles begins to question his abilities. After all, his dad and uncle were Brooklyn jack-boys with criminal records. Maybe kids like Miles aren't meant to be superheroes. Maybe Miles should take his dad's advice and focus on saving himself.
Why

I don't know why, but the idea of Marvel publishing novels is weird! That being said, I am really curious about reading a novel featuring Miles Morales as Spider-Man, it just sounds like a fascinating spin on the Spider-Man franchise. 

Personally, I not a fan of Peter Parker but I really need to be introduced to Miles. His story is one that I want to hear; I don't just want to hear about him being Spider-Man, I want the story behind the hero and all the struggles that involves. I have not been this excited about a superhero character in a long time!!

Comments

Popular Posts