Spinning Pages (28): Curse of the Iris


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes up back into space with the Hashoone family as family secrets are unearthed and secrets of the past, battles that no one will openly speak of, begin to be revealed!! Really exciting things, you know, happened that really made this a fascinating read!

Are you ready to see which song will be paired with Jason Fry's Curse of the Iris!! I hope so because this one fits so so well with so much of this book!! Be excited!!

I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty-
Well, I won't back down
No, I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No, I'll stand my ground
Won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground

Considering all that they're up against in the Curse of the Iris, their old pirate nemesis, rebels, and the government, the entire Hashoone family has to stand their ground while walking a thin line between piracy and being privateers. Even though at times it looks as if they'll fall apart as the kids vie for the opportunity to be the next captain, they seem to always manage to bring it together when it really counts. All of this is why I chose Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down! I just feel that it perfectly captures my feelings on the dynamics of the book and all that happened.

Curious as to why I really liked this book, then feel free to check out my full review of Jason Fry's Curse of the Iris!

Since you're here, you should check out the video for Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down!

Comments

Popular Posts