Spinning Pages (29): The World's Greatest Adventure Machine


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages take son the adventure of a lifetime as Trevor, Nika, Cameron, and Devin win the chance to be the first adventurers on the Castleton brothers mind-bending ride. A trip that would force them to step outside of their comfort zone...

This was one of the easier books to pair with a song. Pretty much once I hit the halfway point in the book, I knew that it would have to be this song from Reba McEntire. See why.

I'm Gonna Take That Mountain by Reba McEntire-
I'm gonna take that mountain
Ain't nothing gonna slow me down
There ain't no way around it
Gonna leave it level with the ground
I ain't just gonna cross it, climb it, fight it
I'm gonna take that mountain

It's overwhelming looking up
Knowing it's the challenge of
Me against this heartache to survive
I may slip and I may fall
But even if I have to crawl
I'll break through to the healing side
As I was reading The World's Greatest Adventure Machine, I knew that this was the song I would pair with it. It so perfectly captures the struggle and fights that Nika, Cameron, Trevor, and Devin had during their adventure. Not only were they pushed to their limits within the adventure machine, they also had to face their fears and confront their abilities. All of which is why this song is well suited for the book. 

Want to learn more about Frank L. Cole's The World's Greatest Adventure Machine, then check out my full review to see why it was such a fascinating read!!

You can also listen to Reba McEntire's I'm Gonna Take That Mountain, a great song when you need some encouragement/inspiration to get through a tough spot, by checking out the video below!!


Comments

Popular Posts