Spinning Pages (31): 7th Grade Revolution


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes us to a school somewhat different than others. One where the 7th-grade class has 'staged' a bloodless revolution putting them in charge of their grade; and searching for a long-lost Civil War-era relic that could change history. 

Keeping reading to see what song is going to make the cut this week on Spinning Pages. I'll you this, it was not easy finding a song that went well with this book. 

History by EXO-
Black and white, still north and south
The endless war scene
The despair of the sun split in half

I went round and round from far away
And I came back here to start again
I’m filled with errors
But as I learn, I can get stronger
The day we realize that the sun
Is one that is big and great oh oh
All together going toward our future

It took me a few hours to find the 'right' song for Liana Gardner's 7th Grade Revolution. One that would fit the mystery and the characters. I'm pretty pleased with this week's song and lyric selection to pair with it, though.

I chose Exo's History because the (above) lyrics made me think of the difficulties that their class went through during their 'rebellion' and how they almost let their differences prevent them from finding the treasure supposedly hidden within their school. It not only fits that aspect of the book but also how they were forced to look at each other in a way that went deeper than their surface. 

You can see my full thoughts on Liana Gardner's 7th Grade Revolution by checking out my review

You can also watch the music video for History by Exo!!

Comments

Popular Posts