Spinning Pages (19): Waistcoats and Weaponry


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 



Picking a song for Gail Carriger's Waistcoats and Weaponry was entirely too easy. I'm just like, "what book should I feature this week?" and then "BAM"  the perfect song for Sophronia, especially in this book, popped into my head. Of course, it was also one that I have had on repeat most recently.


Wannabe by Hyoyeon (feat. San E.)
Do you get it now?
What you did?
Stop right there
When I’m still talking with class

Hold on, tell me honestly
Don’t stick to me like a sticker
Is lying that easy to you?
There is no answer to you
You’re trouble

Whatever, just stop, there’s no use
Because I’m sick of the sweet talk
I’m sharply piercing you
There is no answer to you
You’re trouble

(English lyrics from Color Coded Lyrics)
So, why did I choose Wannabe to be Sophronia's song, especially in Waistcoats and Weaponry, because of how she dealt with the betrayal of a friend and the ever-shifting alliances between the different factions within the book. I can just picture her singing this song at a certain someone.

Want to hear why I enjoyed Gail Carriger's Waistcoats and Weaponry so much, then check out my review!!


Want to hear the entire song, then check out the music video for Hyoyeon's Wannabe below. 

           

Comments

Popular Posts