Spinning Pages (22): No Such Person/Dangerous


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages, we shall be delving into a murder mystery set upon the river in Connecticut as the Allerdons world is turned upside down after their encounter with some shady characters one summer. 

So, what better song to capture the feel of the book and the mistakes that were made than the following selection. 

Dangerous by f(x)
Looking unsteady
Late at 1 AM, you call on your phone
Whatever I say doesn’t affect you
The exciting connection with you was just an illusion
I was the idiot

If you’re not a friend, then what are you?
What is your answer? (Yeah, yeah, yeah)
Until when are you going to continue confusing me?
Stop pulling and pushing me!

Woah, woah, woah!
Right now you’re dangerous
Looking unsteady
Woah, oh, oh, oh!
Right now you’re dangerous
You look pathetic
You cannot believe how excited I am to find a song whose lyrics so perfectly fit the storyline of the book and the characters. I can definitely imagine these lyrics running through both Miranda and Lander's heads throughout the ordeal. 
 The reason I chose f(x)'s Dangerous, and the lyrics above, was because I felt that it captured the sense of danger that came into their lives and how it left them unable to tell friend from foe. 

Curious to learn more about Caroline B. Cooney's No Such Person, then check out my review of it! I don't throw around five stars often (especially lately) but this one definitely earned it!!

Want to hear f(x)'s Dangerous, then you are in luck!! 

Comments

Popular Posts