I Want to Read It (66): A Most Magical Girl



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the ones, I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



A Most Magical Girl by Karen Foxlee, August 2, 2016. Published by Knopf Books for Young Readers. Source: Want to Read.
Annabel Grey is primed for a proper life as a young lady in Victorian England. But when her mother suddenly disappears, she’s put in the care of two eccentric aunts who thrust her into a decidedly un-ladylike life, full of potions and flying broomsticks and wizards who eat nothing but crackers. Magic, indeed! Who ever heard of such a thing?

Before Annabel can assess the most ladylike way to respond to her current predicament, she is swept up in an urgent quest. Annabel is pitted against another young witch, Kitty, to rescue the sacred Moreover Wand from the dangerous underworld that exists beneath London. The two girls outsmart trolls, find passage through a wall of faerie bones, and narrowly escape a dragon, but it doesn’t take long for Annabel to see that the most dangerous part of her journey is her decision to trust this wild, magical girl.
Why

While I have only read one of Karen Foxlee's books, Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy, before, I did enjoy it immensley. So, yes, I am curious to see if A Most Magical Girl would be just as good (or even better). Even though the synopsis does not sound perfectly captivating, I am curious enough to give it a chance...as always, I hope a book will be better than my expectations!!

If you've read A Most Magical Girl, what did you think? Help a reader out!! 

Comments

Popular Posts