I Want to Read It (67): If the Witness Lied



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be-read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the ones, I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



If the Witness Lied by Caroline B. Cooney, May 12, 2009. Published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers. Source: Wishlist.
Choices do matter and forgiveness is possible.
Jack Fountain knows that what’s happened to his family sounds like the most horrible soap opera anyone could ever write. But it happened—to Jack; his parents; his sisters, Smithy and Madison. And to his baby brother, Tris. What made it worse was that the media wanted to know every detail.

Now it’s almost Tris’s third birthday, and everything’s starting again. Aunt Cheryl, who’s living with the Fountain children now that their parents are gone, has decided that they will heal only if they work through their pain—on camera. The very identities they’ve created for themselves are called into question. In less than twenty-four hours their fate will change yet again, but this time they vow to not be exploited and to discover the truth. 
Why

If you're wondering why I'm featuring a book published in 2009 on 'I Want to Read It', well, the simple answer is that somehow, unbeknownst to me, I missed out on reading If the Witness Lied when it first came out! I know, I am just so disappointed in myself that I am behind on reading one of my absolute favorite authors!!

I just cannot wait to get my hands on If the Witness Lied!! Not just because Caroline B Cooney is a long-time favorite of mine, but also because sometimes I just really, really want to read a mystery and this one says perfect!!

What's your favorite Caroline B. Cooney book? Me, I'm personally torn between a whole slew of them!! I may just need to write a post all about the CBC books y'all need to read!!!

Comments

Popular Posts