This Book is SO (9): SLOOOW




You know sometimes you're in the middle of a book and are just about to explode with feelings, be they good or bad, and you just want get them out there and no one is willing to listen. Well, that's what "This Book is So" is for; tell us how your current read is making you feel. Are you head over heels in love with, feeling kind of 'meh' about it, or maybe it's making you feel rage-y.



While the book I finished last week wasn't terrible, it also was not the best book I've read lately. It was so slow!! It was definitely one of those books that leaves you feeling like kinda of like.......


I spent a good portion of the book waiting for something exciting to happen. Like I said, it was slow and I did consider giving it a DNF, but, it wasn't bad enough to walkaway from.
At times, it strongly reminded me of a certain other authors work. One I like, and yet this one was...
 Just when I was about to give up hope that anything would ever happen, something finally does...

Finally, the end has me hoping that the second book will really take off. Yes, I haven't given up hope yet!! Book two sounds very promising, so, I'll definitely get it a shot!!

Here's your hints: 
  1. It's middle grade
  2. it has children who have special abilities that could kill them
  3. it's not new, though the series is still ongoing
  4. there are two secret organizations with different objectives
  5. there's a visual hint on my Instagram account.
Tell me, do you know what book I'm talking about? If you do, what did you think of it?

Comments

  1. I've been there plenty of times with books. I'm such a slow reader that if it's moving slow enough and I just don't care, I will drop that book like a scalding hot pan. THE SERPENT KING was the last book I did this with. I read over halfway through and NOTHING has happeneing - I was OUT! I'm sorry this read was slow, but glad that the action kicked in eventually.

    - Elizabeth @ Book Yabber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that's usually how I'm am with slow books. I have limited reading time and patience for slow books, but sometimes I decide to stick it out. Good thing it was intriguing enough to make me keep reading though.

      Thanks so much for stopping by, Elizabeth. =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts