I Want to Read It (8): Shuriken and Pleats


I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.


Shuriken and Pleats, vol 1 by Matsuri Hino, March 1, 2016. Published by Viz Media: Shojo Beat. 
When the master she has sworn to protect is killed, Mikage Kirio, a skilled ninja, travels to Japan to start a new, peaceful life for herself. But as soon as she arrives, she finds herself fighting to protect the life of Mahito Wakashimatsu, a man who is under attack by a band of ninja. From that time on, Mikage is drawn deeper into the machinations of his powerful family.

Why- I'll tell you why with just three reasons!!

  1. Shuriken and Pleats- the title alone is enough to catch my attention. I mean come on, it has the word shuriken in the title, of course I'm going to be interested in reading it!! Didn't the title pique your interest?
  2. I'm really liking the cover artwork. I like the way that it's just the main character portrayed there; it also has a slight ominous feel to it. Makes me wonder who's going to end up on the wrong side of that shuriken...
  3. I've really enjoyed reading Matsuri Hino's other works. Which means when I first heard about her newest series that I was going to need to read it!! Seriously though, one you find manga artists that you like you tend to want to read whatever they release.

Comments

Popular Posts