I Want to Read It (11): The Door by the Staircase


I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.




The Door by the Staircase by Katherine Marsh, January 5, 2016. Published by Disney-Hyperion. Source: Wish-List.
Twelve-year-old Mary Hayes can't stand her orphanage for another night. But when an attempted escape through the stove pipe doesn't go quite as well as she'd hoped, Mary fears she'll be stuck in the Buffalo Asylum for Young Ladies forever.

The very next day, a mysterious woman named Madame Z appears at the orphanage requesting to adopt Mary, and the matron's all too happy to get the girl off her hands. Soon, Mary is fed a hearty meal, dressed in a clean, new nightgown and shown to a soft bed with blankets piled high. She can hardly believe she isn't dreaming!
But when Mary begins to explore the strange nearby town with the help of her new friend, Jacob, she learns a terrifying secret about Madame Z's true identity. If Mary's not careful, her new home might just turn into a nightmare.
Why: Sometimes Goodreads brings interesting sounding books to my attention. Like this one, The Door by the Staircase. I probably would not have seen this one if it had not popped up as recommended for another book I read.

You know me, I love middle grade books. Especially one's that have the character winding up somewhere too good to be true. The premise is just too intriguing and I want to know what evil is lurking there for Mary,   

Comments

Popular Posts