Vintage Reads: Voting for October (Things That Go Bump in the Night)

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe that I haven't posted the titles for October that ya'll can vote upon. I have been super busy and plume forgot to put a list together till the last minute. So since things are so far behind, I'll make this short and sweet.
In honour of next month being October, as in Halloween is just around the corner, I decided to pick out some "scary" books.
So, I shall withhold on the blethering and get down to business with announcing the Things that Go Bump in the Night books.


Lockdown (Escape from Furnace, 1) by Alexander Gordon Smith, 2009. Published by Square Fish.
Beneath Heaven is Hell. Beneath Hell is Furnace. Furnace Penitentiary: An underground hellhole. A place of pure evil with walls soaked in blood. Murderous gangs and vicious guards rule the darkness. Horrific creatures steal people away in the dead of night. And the impossible - escape - is the only hope.
The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, 1) by Rick Yancey, 2009. Published by Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing.
These are the secrets I have kept. This is the trust I never betrayed. But he is dead now and has been for nearly ninety years, the one who gave me his trust, the one for whom I kept these secrets. The one who saved me . . . and the one who cursed me.
So starts the diary of Will Henry, orphan and assistant to a doctor with a most unusual specialty: monster hunting.
Demon Thief (Demonata, 2) by Darren Shan, 2007. Published by Little, Brown Young Readers.
Kernel Fleck has always known he's weird. He sees lights. Strange, multi-colored patches of light, swirling through the air. But it's not until a window opens into a demon world, with horrific consequences, that Kernel discovers his powers. As a Disciple, his mission is to hunt vicious, powerful demons to the death...
I hope ya'll will enjoy the options for next month. Personally I cannot even begin to choose which one I would vote for (if I could that is), since they all sound good. Plus I haven't read any of them yet.

Thanks for voting! Looking forward to seeing what everyone will choose.

Comments

Popular Posts