Across the Nightingale Floor

Author: Lian Hearn
Series: Tales of the Otori (book 1)
Number of Pages: 343
Publication Date: 2002
Genre: Fantasy Novel
Synopsis: "This is the first book in a new epic trilogy that has already become a bestselling sensation in England and Australia, earning comparisons to The Lord of the Rings. It begins with the legend of a nightingale floor in a black-walled fortress-a floor that sings in alarm at the step of an assassin. It will take true courage and all the skills of an ancient Tribe for one orphaned youth named Takeo to discover the magical destiny that awaits him...across the nightingale floor."

Across the Nightingale Floor was so good that I picked up the sequel the other day when I was at the library.
I would definitely rank Across the Nightingale Floor as one of the best books that I have read this year; it was very well written with an interesting storyline and interesting cast of characters. The reason this book was so fascinating to me is you have Takeo who lost everything, his family and his name simply because they were part of the Hidden and were being murdered and tortured for their beliefs by. Plus you have different clans all warring for supremacy, betrayals by friends and family, love, and the persecution of the Hidden.
My favorite thing about this book would have to be Takeo’s abilities; he could hear everything and also knew how many people were in the house (although he could also tune everything out, so that’s a plus), move really fast, become invisible, and make it seem like he was in two places at once. At the moment I cannot think of a part of the book that I didn’t like.
I would definitely recommend reading this book, but it might be a bit violent for the younger teens. Lucky me, I found the sequel at the library and I plan on reading it next.

Across the Nightingale Floor earns 4 out of 5 pineapples.

Orchid

Comments

  1. I love this book series!
    I read them all in, like, a week - couldn't put them down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts