Vampire Knight

Author: Matsuri Hino
Series: Vampire Knight (vol 1)
Number of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 2007
Synopsis: "Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!

Yuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Yuki believes that vampires and humans can coexist peacefully, but her partner has different ideas..."

I loved the story, the characters, and the artwork in Vampire Knight. I just wish that my library had more than just the first volume. As I'm sure ya'll have guessed I love books that have action mixed with a bit of humor and VK has plenty of both. With the night class being tended by vamps and the day class by humans; humans who make fools of themselves trying to get the attention of the night class, even though they don't know that their not human.
My favorite character would have to be Zero; I found him to be the most fascinating character, with his hostility towards the night class and his tragic past, which in my opinion makes for an interesting read. I also liked the main character Yuki; she was also very interesting, especially when she was trying to usher the day class students to their dorms against their wishes. Least favorite character the headmaster, I just didn't like him.
I would definitely recommend Vampire Knight and cannot wait to find out what happens next.

Vampire Knight was so good I'm giving it 5 out of 5 pineapples.

Orchid

Comments

  1. I actually have a dislike for VK. It's just so... typical. But I love the mangaka's other series, MeruPuri. Now that is gold!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts