In My Mailbox (15)

In My Mailbox was started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Library:
Author: Matsuri Hino
Title: Vampire Knight
Series: Vampire Knight (vol 1)
Publication Date: 2005
Synopsis: "Cross Adademy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires!

Yuki Cross has no memory of her past prior to the moment she was saved from a vampire attack ten years ago. She was adopted by the headmaster of Cross Academy, and now works alongside Zero to guard the Academy's secret. Yuki believes that vampires and humans can coexist peacefully, but her partner has different ideas..."

Author: Rick Roirdan
Series: Percy Jackson & the Olympians (book 5)
Publication Date: 2009
Synopsis: "All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of a victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time. In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy’s sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate."


Author: Kazuya Minekura
Title: Saiyuki
Series: Saiyuki (vol 1)
Publication Date: 2003
Synopsis: "It was a time of chaos, when Heaven and Earth were as one, and humans and demons - the youkai - lived together in peace. The foundations of civilization and religion were raised and reinforced in this land of Togenkyo, the paradise known as Shangri-la.

But now, a great evil threatens harmony in this great land. Far to the West, in India, someone is attempting to resurrect the youkai lord Gyumaoh by mixing human science with youkai magic. This forbidden practice has created a Minus Wave of negative energy that is spreading across Shangri-la, poisoning the souls of the youkai and turning them into mindless monsters. The only hope lies in four legendary heroes:
Recommended for older teens, ages 16+."


Author: Natsuki Takaya
Title: Fruits Basket
Series: Fruits Basket (vol 1)
Publication Date: 2004
Synopsis: "Tohru Honda was an orphan, living with her grandfather, when one day fate kicked her out of the house and she was forced to take up residence in a tent in the forest. Little did she know that the land she was staying on belonged to the Sohma family, a clan of beautiful and mysterious people. After stumbling upon the teenage squatter, the Sohmas invite Tohru to stay in their house in exchange for cooking and cleaning. Everything's going well until she discovers the Sohma family's greatest secret: when hugged by members of the opposite sex, they each turn into their Chinese Zodiac animal!"

As you can tell this week I mainly picked up mangas from the library. All of which I had put on hold from various other libraries in the area. I also get to find out how the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series will end.
Well that’s all for me this week, so what did ya'll get this week?
Orchid

Comments

  1. Omg, you got Vampire Knight!! I loved it, I think I've only read up to the 6 volume in the series, not sure. Last time I read them was probably early this year, lol. I borrowed them from a friend, and got through them super fast. They're that awesome! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Last Olympian was awesome! Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vampire Knight sound interesting, I'll be excited for your take on it.

    I'm jealous about The Last Olympian, still waiting my turn for that one. My own fault, I just can't make myself buy it until it's out in paperback since I own the rest of the series in paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Vampire Knight but I wasen't too crazy about it. The theme on my phone is Fruit Baskets hah. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥LOVE♥ Vampire Knight and Fruits Basket!!! XD

    I really need to finish the Percy Jackson series. I've only read the firts two, even though I own the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books you got this week. I got mangas this week too. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really need to read more mangas! hope you enjoy them all! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read a few of the Fruits Basket manga, and I like the series. Hope you do too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fruits Basket is good in the beginning but it gets way too depressing and like messed up. Saiyuki is pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts