Past Epitaphs

The home of past quotes. For those who might have liked an old quote, you can now find them all here (I think).

"Let it be known that from this day to the end of the day, vengeance will be mine! Dib, you will not know the meaning of peace for I will rain misery upon your pizza-stealing heart!"
-Gaz, Invader Zim (episode "Battle Dib")

"I gotta go, pig, I'll see you later. I GOTTA GO, PIG, I'LL SEEE YOU LATER!"
-Gir (Invader Zim)

"Maybe you have to know darkness before you can appreciate the light."
-Madeleine L'Engle (A Ring of Endless Light)

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."
-Hamlet, Act 1, Scene IV

"How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!"
-Emily Dickinson, Poems,I

"He that troubles his own house shall inherit the wind."
-Proverbs 11:29

"There was seen in the churchyard, against the high altar, a great stone four square, like unto a marble stone; and in midst thereof was like an anvil of steel a foot on high, and therein stuck a fair sword naked by the point, and letters there were written in gold about the sword that saiden thus:-WHOSO PULLETH OUT THIS SWORD OF THIS STONE AND ANVIL, IS RIGHTWISE KING BORN OF ALL ENGLAND."
-Sir Thomas Malory, Le Morte d'Arthur

"I often quote myself, it adds spice to my conversation.
-George Bernard Shaw

"Guard Ravenmere well
Its stones and its hollows,
Health and prosperity
Alwasy doth follow.
Let Ravensmere die,
Let the land be torn open,
The end of the world
Is surely betokened."
-Liz Berry (The China Garden)

"The spirit and will of any child would have been entirely humbled and broken by the changes she has had to submit to. But, upon my word, she seems as little subdued as if-as if she were a princess."
Frances Hodgson Burnett (A Little Princess)

"She knows not what the curse may be,
And so she weaveth steadily,
And little other care has she,
The Lady of Shalott."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson

"We become so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others, that at last we are disguised to ourselves."
-Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld

"It is more difficult to maintain honour than to become prosperous."

"Woman, thou dost slay me with your unkind words."
-Garin Braden (Polar Quest)

"Beware the fury of a patient man."
-Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel

"Whatever is popular is wrong."
-Oscar Wilde

"Stars with trains of fire and dews of blood,
Disasters in the sun."
-Horatio, Soldier of Denmark

"It was midnight in Topanga
I heard the DJ say,
"There's a full moon rising
join me in LA...."
-Warren Zevon

"The vanished gods to me appear;

And one to me are shame and fear."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power...Green Lanterns Light!"
- Green Lantern

"...the thing I am becomes something else....
The shadow is cast."
-Bauhaus, "Mask"
"A thousand years have passed since the collapse of industrialized civilization. A toxic jungle now spreads, threatening the survival of the last of the human race."
-Narrator (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)

"The Headmaster talks about the Night Class like they're good vampires who support his pacifism, but I don't trust them. I won't let my guard down. I'm cooperating so I can find the most effective way to kill those beasts in human form."
Zero Kiryuu (Vampire Knight vol 1)

"Do not be alarmed. The student president has experienced a failure in spirit. A new election will be held immediately. Volunteers? Volunteer?"
Administration Droid (Invader Zim: "Voting of the Doomed")

Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.
C.S. Lewis (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe Ch. 8 : What Happened after Dinner)


"Lurking behind every chance to be made whole by fame is the axman of further dismemberment."
- Leo Braudy, The Frenzy of Renown

Comments

  1. Awesome. These were great quotes.

    I have an award for you

    http://gofita.blogspot.com/2009/10/honest-scrap-award-and-others.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts