Spinning Pages (47): A Darkly Beating Heart


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





This week on Spinning Pages take us down a dark road of hatred and revenge, covering a span of time that traverses both the path and present. Keep reading to see this week's book and lyric pairing. 


Bad Blood by Taylor Swift featuring Kendrick Lamar
Now we got problemsAnd I don't think we can solve themYou made a really deep cutAnd baby now we got bad blood
Did you think we'd be fine?Still got scars on my back from your knifeSo don't think it's in the pastThese kind of wounds they last and they lastNow did you think it all through?All these things will catch up to youAnd time can heal but this won'tSo if you come in my way, just don'tOh, it's so sad to think about the good timesYou and I

If you read my review earlier in the week, then you are aware that I did not like A Darkly Beating Heart (at all). In fact, I ended up DNF-ing because it was just, well, bad. I wanted to like it, as it sounded interesting, I mean who doesn't like a revenge book, it's just that this one felt completely purposeless.  All that aside, the very little I did make it through made me think of the above song. 

If you're curious for more details on why  A Darkly Beating Heart was not for me, then check out my review. 

This week's song selection is in thanks to my amazing yet terrible ability to remember songs and lyrics, even from ones that I don't like...I'll be honest, it feels incredibly weird to use a Taylor Swift song for this post; like very wrong/weird. 

Comments

Popular Posts