Spinning Pages (46): Doctor Strange: Way of the Weird


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





This week on Spinning Pages take us deep into the Marvel U where things are not going all that well for the Sorcerer Supreme as things take a turn for the worse in the realms of magic.


Light Up the Darkness by Vixx
Yeah we back, the city is mine baby.Leggo
The maze spreads over the gray cityTime stops as I look for you right hereAn angel of darkness, an illusion of a nightmareShe slightly shines through her mask
(English translation is taken from Color Coded Lyrics)


Given that Doctor Strange sees two levels, the real world and that of the mystical world, I thought these lyrics were a perfect selection. They also just really work for the first five volumes of the comic that are included in Way of the Weird; especially when you think of what is going to happen (trust me, you'd rather read all the excitement firsthand). 

If you're looking for a more in-depth look at why I found Doctor Strange: Way of the Weird to be worth reading, then hop on over to my review to see my full thoughts. 

Hey don't forget, you can give Vixx's Light Up the Darkness a listen below!!

Comments

Popular Posts