Spinning Pages (45): Prince in Disguise


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





This week on Spinning Pages take us from Mississippi all the way to Scotland as Dylan is dragged out of the country for her sister's wedding and a blossoming relationship of her own; all while contending with the tv crew following their every move. 


Everybody Knows by Dixie Chicks-
Tell me now, if you came sneaking up behind Would you know me and see behind the smile?I can change like colors on a wall Hoping no one else will find what lies beneath it all I think I hide it all so well
Stepping out, everyone can see my face All the things I can't erase from my life Everybody knows Standing out so you won't forget my name That's the way we play this game of life Everybody knows


There was just something about this book that made me think of the Dixie Chicks' Everybody Knows. It may have been the whole reality tv angle or it could have been how Dylan and Dusty, and even their mom to a point, didn't really understand what was going on behind the mask they each wore. 

There was one other song I considered using, but in the end, I went with my first choice because it felt like it belonged with the book. Especially the lyrics when you look at them in comparison with Prince in Disguise and the characters that fill it. 

You can see my thoughts on Stephanie Kate Strohm's Prince in Disguise by checking out my review.

If you're unfamiliar with the Dixie Chicks' Everybody Knows, then feel free to listen to the audio of it below!! Sadly, there isn't a music video for it. 

Comments

Popular Posts