Spinning Pages (44): There's Someone Inside Your House


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





This week on Spinning Pages take us to rural Nebraska where someone is has gone on a murdering spree in this spine-chilling thriller. Keep reading to see what lyrics make me think of Stephanie Perkins' There's Someone Inside Your House!!

Thriller by BToB-
The fear of darkness is clenching my heartBut this full moon nightis driving me crazyI’m out of breath, I’m swallowing my excitement,the full moon is out and shines through the darknessI can’t lose you, never ever ever
On this trembling night, it feels like I’ll explodeThis suffocating moment, tonight ah ah ahYes, I’m enjoying it like this, thriller
This time of madness, this passionate nightI’m flying like I’m dreaming, fly high highI’m still feeling it, you and I, thriller
(English translation are taken from Color Coded Lyrics)
In a way, it was both easy and difficult to select a set of lyrics for this book. On the one hand, I wanted a song that's lyrics could handle the feeling that Stephanie Perkins depicted as the terror closed in around the characters as they attempted to put an end to the murders. On the other hand, I wanted a song that was more than just a creepy song, you know.
Personally, my favorite part of the above lyrics, paired with this book, is that it could fit both what the characters are feeling as well as that of the murderer.

Hence why I selected BToB's Thriller. As I read through the translated lyrics, I knew that this would work.

Even though I didn't enjoy There's Someone Inside Your House half as much as I'd hoped, there were some good points. You can see my full thoughts on it by checking out my review. 

Don't forget to watch the music video for BToB's Thriller and tell me what you think of the song!!!!


Comments

Popular Posts