Teaser Tuesday: Curtsies and Conspiracies

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat. To participate, simply do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser is taken from Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger. Enjoy!

Curtsies and Conspiracies (Finishing School, 2) by Gail Carriger-
Felix sighed, looking genuinely perturbed. His air of ennui was shaken. “I am trying to court you. Truth be told, Miss Temminnick, you make it ruddy difficult!”
“Language, Lord Mersey.” Sophronia felt her heart flutter strangely. Am I ready to be courted?
“This is not a cut, Felix. I must go fix something."
"Why is it always your problem to fix, Ria?"
"Because I see that there is a problem when no one else does.” 
“Oh, now, Ria, you malign me. I'm as honest as a rose garden is beautiful."
"And as full of dung," replied Sophronia without missing a beat.”

I know, I know! You're only supposed to share one teaser for a book...it's just that there were so many witty lines from Curtsies and Conspiracies that I could not resist sharing multiple quotes. Seriously though, one of my favorite things about this book was the witty bantering between the characters.

You can see my thoughts on the second installment of Gail Carriger's Finishing School series by checking out my review of Curtsies and Conspiracies.

Finishing School reviews-
Etiquette and Espionage
Curtsies and Conspiracies

Comments

Popular Posts