I Want to Read It (51): The Secret of Dreadwillow Carse



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.




The Secret of Dreadwillow Carse by Brian Farrey, April 9, 2016. Published by  Algonquin Young Readers. Source: Want to Read IT.
In the center of the verdant Monarchy lies Dreadwillow Carse, a black and desolate bog that the happy people of the land do their best to ignore. Little is known about it, except for one dire warning: If any monarch enters Dreadwillow Carse, then the Monarchy will fall. Twelve-year-old Princess Jeniah yearns to know what the marsh could possibly conceal that might topple her family’s thousand-year reign of peace and prosperity.
Meanwhile, in the nearby town of Emberfell, where everyone lives with unending joy, a girl named Aon hides a sorrow she can never reveal. She knows that something in the carse--something that sings a haunting tune only Aon can hear--holds the cure for her sadness. Yet no matter how many times she tries to enter, the terror-inducing dreadwillow trees keep her away.
After a chance meeting, Princess Jeniah and Aon hatch a plan to send Aon into the heart of the carse to unlock its darkest secret. But when Aon doesn’t return, a guilt-stricken Jeniah must enter the carse to try and rescue her friend--even if it means risking the entire Monarchy.

Why

Sometimes I love Goodreads. Like now, when I stumbled upon this interesting sounding middle grade fantasy. Everything about the synopsis has me wishing that I had a copy of The Secret of Dreadwillow Carse at hand. It just sounds that good; plus the previous book I read of Brian Farrey's was really well done.

Have you read The Secret of Dreadwell Carse? What did you think of it?

Comments

Popular Posts