All About Middle Grade Review: A Week without Tuesday


A Week without Tuesday (Tuesday McGillycuddy, 2) by Angelica Banks, February 2, 2016. 384 pages. Published by Henry Holt & Co. BYR. Source: ARC received from publisher.
Something is broken in the land of story. Real and imaginary worlds are colliding—putting everything and everyone in grave peril. Tuesday and Baxterr, at the request of the Librarian, and with the help of Vivienne Small, venture to find the Gardener—the one person who can stop this catastrophe. On their way, they'll meet friends and foes, and discover strengths they didn't know they had. Will they be able to save the land of story?

First Sentence
Vivienne Small lived in a tree house.



Thoughts


In the craziness that was last year, I kinda misplaced my ARC of A Week without Tuesday amidst that mountains of books that I did not get to read last year. That aside, this was simply a joy to read. I had no problem jumping back into the life of Tuesday McGillycuddy and her adventures in the land of story.

  • I was ever so relieved that between my memory of the ending of Finding Serendipity and how A Week without Tuesday started, that I did not feel lost after it being two years since I first started the series. It was really easy to jump back into Tuesday's adventures; plus the intrigue of things amiss in story land definitely piqued my interest. 
  • I was hoping that Vivienne Small would make another appearance; I was not disappointed in as she played another crucial role in setting things right again. If you discount the fascinating world(s) that are attached to the library, worlds that correspond to those created for stories written by authors, it is the friendship/buddies in adventure that is Tuesday and Vivienne that make this a delightful read. Seriously though, they make a wonderful team!  

  • As much as I love Tuesday and Vivienne, Tuesday's parents are just as fabulous. Though their story arc nearly broke my heart (about as much as it was hurting Serendipity's). I don't want to spoil it, just know that it was so worrisome as Tuesday was completely in the dark as to what was happening at home during her absence. Yes, the family dynamics of the McGillycuddy family was/is one of the highlights of the series thus far


  • I may have become just a little giddy at seeing a character from one of my most beloved books, and their world, popping in to the story! I just really loved how the world was broadened throughout the book. It was really cool to learn more of the secrets of the world and how things worked. That and the decision that Tuesday had to make, and how she struggled with said choice, and what role she would take to save the land of story. SO WELL DONE!!
Final Verdict: A Week without Tuesday- Delightfully entertaining! Daring adventures and tough choices, this book is just all-around entertaining!!

A Week without Tuesday earns
 

An advanced copy of this book was received in consideration for review. All thoughts are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts