Spinning Pages (10): The Inn Between/Hotel California


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 


The Inn Between was totally made for this song!! WITHOUT A DOUBT!! It's almost too perfect, you know. You know, I was going to attempt to use a different song because this choice was too obvious...yet, nothing else quite hit the music/book  spot, so, I'm going for it.

It's not every day that you can pair the Eagles' Hotel California with a middle grade book, so...Let's do it!!

Hotel California by Eagles-
And I was thinking to myself
'This could be heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face.
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here
                                   
You guessed it! The book takes place in a hotel that in many ways reminds one of the Eagles song above. This book, while slow in the beginning, had this creepy feel throughout the entire book. I wish I could say more, but that would spoil the entire story...

Suffice it to say, I devoured it in like two hours because I had to know what really happened to everyone. Curious to hear more about The Inn Between by Marina Cohen, then check out my review to see my full thoughts on it.

You can listen to the entire song below!

Comments

Popular Posts