Teaser Tuesday: Treasure Island

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat. To participate, simply do the following: Grab your current read Open to a random page Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week's teaser is taken from Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Enjoy!!

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson-
“Sir, with no intention to take offence, I deny your right to put words into my mouth.” 
“It was Silver's voice, and before I had heard a dozen words, I would not have shown myself for all the world. I lay there, trembling and listening, in the extreme of fear and curiosity, for, in those dozen words, I understood that the lives of all the honest men aboard depended on me alone.” 
“That was Flint's treasure that we had come so far to seek, and that had cost already the lives of seventeen men from the Hispaniola. How many it had cost in the amassing, what blood and sorrow, what good ships scuttled on the deep, what brave men walking the plank blindfold, what shot of cannon, what shame and lies and cruelty, perhaps no man alive could tell.” 

Being one of my favorite, as well as first classic reads, I could not resist adding multiple quotes from this book. And with it being not new, I don't think anyone will mind.

Treasure Island has long since been a favorite read of mine. One that I had the pleasure of rereading this year as a group read on Twitter (#ReadJane).

Need some encouragement to read Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island, then check out my review of it. Trust me, it's a thrilling read and well worth a read!!

Comments

Popular Posts