Spinning Pages (8): A Boy Called Bat/Baby Steps


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 



A Boy Called Bat proved to be somewhat difficult to pair with a song. I listened to countless songs in my search; while repeatedly returning to one that I had not listened to in years. I wanted a song that, in my opinion, captured some of the warmth that the book left me with. 

I hope y'all will enjoy this week's pairing of Elana K. Arnold's A Boy Called Bat with SNSD Taetiseo's Baby Steps

Baby Steps by SNSD Taetiseo-
Oh, with trembling steps,
I carefully approach you
Oh, the closer I get to you
Somehow the more I’m afraid
that you’ll get farther away
It’s so hard to read your eyes
All day I’m cautious around you
(translated lyrics from Color Coded Lyrics)

Why these lyrics? Well, it reminded me, in general, of the book and how it took time for Bat to open up to people. Yes. he sometimes had difficulty with reading people and what a situation meant, yet he was such a sweet character.  Even though the rest of  the lyrics don't exactly fit the book, this beat of the song mixed with the vocals of the trio always made it worth listening to (even before I discovered what they were actually saying).

Want to know why I believe you should read Elana K. Arnold's A Boy Called Bat, then check out my review to see why I loved it!


Comments

Popular Posts