Spinning Pages (5): Ronit & Jamil/I Hate Myself for Loving You


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 





Even though I was not a fan of Ronit and Jamil, I could not resist pairing it with a song for Spinning Pages. I was not going to pair it a song...that is until I was running errands with my Dad this past weekend and heard this one song on the radio. It just felt like the perfect fit for the book, you know!!

I have teased y'all long enough! So this week's song is from Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (an interesting turn of events, yes)! There were lines in the song that corresponded well with passages from Ronit and Jamil, like the way they would meet clandestinely and message each other.   


I Hate Myself for Loving You by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts-
Midnight, gettin' uptight. Where are you?
You said you'd meet me, now it's quarter to two
I know I'm hangin' but I'm still wantin' you.
I think of you every night and day.
You took my heart, then you took my pride away.
(lyrics found on Google Play Music)



Sure, the song may be about failed relationship, come on he's stringing her along, yet the lyrics I included really seemed, at least to me, to fit the the relationship between the characters in the book. Do you think the lyrics, one's selected for the post, fit the characters from Ronit and Jamil (or Romeo and Juliet)?

Want to know why Ronit and Jamil did not work for me, then hop on over and check out my review from earlier this month.

You can listen, and watch, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' I Hate Myself for Loving You below!

Comments

Popular Posts