Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon 2011

If it weren't for Twitter I would have missed the Dewey 24 Hour Readathon. I'll be doing all of my updating on this post so as not to clog up everyone's feeds.

There's still time to sign up if you would like to (click on banner for link).
I'll probably be using the readathon to make some more progress in the Inheritance books, which I'm re-reading for my reading challenge. Hopefully I'll be done with Eragon and well on my way to being done with Eldest so I can tackle Brisinger on Saturday.

Good luck to all.

My Readathon TBR Stack:
Brisinger

I got a bit of a late start today. Fail!

Reading Now:
Eldest (300 of 681)
Hercule Poirot and The Capture of Cerberus & The Incident of the Dog's Ball (audio)

Finished:
Eragon (last 60 pages)
Batman: The Lazarus Syndrome (audio)

Mini Challenge (Midnight Book Girl) Book Sentence Challenge:
I'm kind of lacking a camera, but here are the books I'm using to create my sentence. Enjoy.
Eve by Anna Carey, The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann, Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater Rhodes, and Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix.
(Bold = used for sentence)

My Sentence:
Eve's uprising shattered the unwanteds.

Mini Challenge (The Blue Stocking Society) Rereading:
The readathon is conciding with the challenge to reread the Inheritance books before the release of the final book.

So I am re-reading Eragon (finished the last bit this morning) and Eldest (which I am half-way through at the moment). Other than that the Harry Potter books and Chronicles of Narnia are some of my favorite books to revisit.  

Comments

  1. Great choices! I'm really excited, and we've only got half an hour to go!

    My list is here if you're interested:
    http://theoncominghope.blogspot.com/2011/10/24-hour-readathon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've never read The Inheritance Series and, as a middle school librarian, that's really sad. I think you have inspired me to tackle them in time for Inheritance's release date!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey it's time to read
    Everybody read!
    Hey hey lets do it again,
    Everybody read!
    Yell it, go fight win!

    Hope you're having a great day of reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Inheritance books! I read them a long time ago, but liked them. Happy readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are enjoying the read-a-thon. We are approaching the half-way mark. Pace yourself and remember to take breaks. happy read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sentence- I really want to read The Unwanteds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you've had a great day of reading and can hang in there a few more hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. R! E! A! D!
    Any book that you can see!

    I hope you're having a great time with the readathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you're doing great now!

    Pick another book off your Readathon stack
    It's time to read, get on the attack!
    It's a war of words and rhyme
    Stay awake, you've got the time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts