In My Mailbox (52)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.


Library:
Author: Cassandra Clare
Title: City of Glass
Series: The Mortal Instruments (book 3)
Publication Date: 2009
Synopsis: “To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters—never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City—whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of bestselling series the Mortal Instruments.”

Library Paperback Swap:
Author: Nancy Atherton
Title: Aunt Dimity’s Christmas
Series: Aunt Dimity (book 5)
Publication Date: 1999
Synopsis: “Lori Shepherd can hardly wait for Christmas this year. Now that the lean times are over, the cottage Aunt Dimity willed her is more beautiful than ever, her nine-month-old twins, Will and Rob, are thriving, and she and husband Bill have never been happier. Determined to make this Christmas the best ever, Lori embarks on a round of shopping, holly-cutting, angel-cookie making, and more. The only thing she wishes for that she can't plan in advance is ... snow. So when she looks out the window to discover that fat flakes have started to drift down and cover the flagstone path, Lori feels her holiday wishes are all about to come true. But the next day, beneath the lilac bushes now covered by freshly fallen snow, Lori makes a disturbing discovery: the body of a mysterious stranger - a tramp - barely alive.. "Lori puts her plans on hold and teams up with Julian Bright - a devilishly attractive Roman Catholic priest - to search out the stranger's identity”.

Author: Isaac Asimov
Title: Prelude to Foundation
Series: The Foundation (book 6)
Publication Date: 1988
Synopsis: “It is the year 12,020 G.E. and Emperor Cleon I sits uneasily on the Imperial throne of Trantor. Here in the great multidomed capital of the Galactic Empire, forty billion people have created a civilization of unimaginable technological and cultural complexity. Yet Cleon knows there are those who would see him fall - those whom he would destroy if only he could read the future.
Hari Seldon has come to Trantor to deliver his paper on psychohistory, his remarkable theory of prediction. Little does the young Outworld mathematician know that he has already sealed his fate and the fate of humanity. For Hari possesses the prophetic power that makes him the most wanted man in the Empire... the man who holds the key to the future - an apocalyptic power to be know forever after as the Foundation.”

I am just super excited this week. Why? Because City of Glass has finally come in, I think I’ve been waiting for this book for the… well, since June and now I just cannot wait to start reading it.

I also found a couple of interesting books from my libraries paperback swap: Aunt Dimity’s Christmas, which I have already finished. Which is awesome since I was already looking into trying her Aunt Dimity series (love it by the way). I also found Prelude to Foundation, which means I now have four books by Isaac Asimov that I really need to get around to reading.
I hope you guys had just as great of a week in books as I have. Happy reading.

__________________________________________________
City of Glass was borrowed from the library.
Aunt Dimity's Christmas and Prelude to foundation came from my libraries paperback swap.

Comments

  1. I have to get around to reading a book by Isaac Asimov. I've heard of him, and I LOVE Sci-Fi, but I never have so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. City of Glass is so amazing. That is all. ;)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice books! I've heard City Of Glass rocks,

    Hope you enjoy them all =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lurve the Mortal Instruments! City of Glass is wonderful. You'll love it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul you got! I hope you enjoy them all! My IMM is at It's Time To Read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen some of these titles before. I can't wait to see your reviews. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo, i still have to read city of glass. enjoy that one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts