In My Mailbox (51)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.

Bought:
The A.B.C. Murders- Agatha Christie Hercule Poirot (book 12)
Murder on the Orient Express- Agatha Christie; Hercule Poirot (book 9)
The Death of Sleep- Anne McCaffrey; Planet Pirates (book 2)
The Gates of Sleep- Mercedes Lackey; Elemental Masters (book 3)

Borrowed:
Don’t Judge a Girl by Her Cover- Ally Carter; Gallagher Girls (book 3) (from Dahlia)
Prophecy of Days- Christy Raedeke; The Daykeeper's Grimoire (book 1) (from Dahlia)

Traded:
The Game- Diana Wynne Jones (from Dahlia)

Library Paperback Swap:

Murder at the Aba- Isaac Asimov
Banquets of the Black Widowers- Isaac Asimov; Black Widowers (book 4)
Mists of Everness- John C. Wright; War of the Dreaming (book 2)
Alanna: the First Adventure- Tamora Pierce; Song of the Lioness (book 1)
Garden Spells- Sarah Addison Allen;

Contest(s):
Cinderella Society slipper bookmark won from Chick Lit Teens and Kay Cassidy. I don't have a picture to post so...

You guys are probably starting to sense a trend in my book buying. Right now I am on a quest to find every Agatha Christie book that I am missing and that just so happens to a lot of books. My other goal at the moment is to find all of Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey’s books. Luckily I hit the jackpot last weekend when I went to my libraries “book cottage” and found four hardbacks; plus I only spent $4.
This past week Dahlia was kind enough to lend me the third Gallagher Girls book (it was amazing and I cannot wait for the fourth one) and Prophecy of the Days (which is really god so far). She also traded me her copy of The Game by Diana Wynne Jones (through BBL's trading feature) , who just so happens to be one of my all-time favorite authors.
Lastly, I have what I picked up over the last few weeks from my libraries paperback swap; Murder at the Aba and Banquets of the Black Widowers by Isaac Asimov (I had no idea he had written mystery books), Mists of Everness by John C. Wright (I loved his Chronicles of Chaos series and wanted to try this series. Too bad they only had the second book in the series), Alanna: the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce (Zombie Girrrl says her books are awesome, so I decided to give her a writing a shot), *gosh this is taking forever* and Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen (it sounded interesting so…).
I would like to send a (late) but huge thanks to the wonderful bloggers of Chick Lit Teens for the awesome Cinderella Society slipper bookmark that I won a while back.
As you can tell I’ve been busy buying, trading, and borrowing books left and right and am now completely out of things to say for this post.
Hope y’all had some great finds or buys this week too.
*now if only I can find a place to put them all*

_________________________________
all books are linked to Shelfari.

Comments

  1. Murder on the Orient Express IS soooo good! Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your quest to find the books you want works out! Good luck and enjoy your books!

    Hope you have a chance to check out my IMM!
    Thanks,
    The Unread Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you'll be busy reading! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week! You have a lot of sweet reading in your future :D Here is what I got.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts