In My Mailbox (50)

In My Mailbox was started by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. Sadly the only books I order are those that are hard to find. The following books are from the library and bookstores.


Library Paperback Swap:
Author: Anne McCaffrey with Elizabeth Ann Scarborough

Title: Power Lines
Series: Petaybee (book 2)
Publication Date: 1994
Synopsis: “Yanaba Maddock's short-lived career as a company spy had ended the moment the planet Petaybee and its people had adopted her as one of their own. Now she was dedicated to keeping Intergalfrom exploiting and wounding--or even killing--the world she had come to love. For Intergal persisted in denying that Petaybee was sentient, and nothing would stop it from stripping the ore-rich planet--sentient or not.
Only solid evidence would convince the company to leave the planet alone, and for all its sentience, Petaybee's communications were highly subjective; indeed, some outsiders seemed entirely immune to its voice. So Yana and her friends would have to find some other way to prove that the planet was worth more to the company alive than dead...”

Author: Anne McCaffrey
Title: Decisions at Doona
Series: Doona (book 1)
Publication Date: 1969
Synopsis: “After the first human contact with the Siwannese ended in a mass suicide, the Terran government made a law that no further contact with sentient aliens would be allowed. But since their own planet was overcrowed, they looked to colonize Doona--until they found the Hrubbans. Their choice was simple but dangerous. They could kill the cat-like Hrubbans, or for the first time in history, learn to to coexist with an alien race.... “

Dragonsinger- Anne McCaffrey

Y'all's libraries probably have the same thing, but my fabulous library does this awesome thing where you can pick up a paperback and return a different one in its place. Which is where I found three of Anne McCaffrey's books *I could have done a happy dance in the library, thaat's how excited I was*. Although I must say that I am more excited about finding a copy of Dragonsinger then of finding Power Lines and Decision at Doona. Why? Because I know that I love Dragonsinger, but I have never read the other two.
Hope y'all had a great book week as well. :)

Comments

  1. Stopping by from The Saturday Network. :D

    I've actually never heard of Anne McCaffrey, but they sound like entertaining books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Anne McCaffrey's work. Dragonsinger is one of my favorites. I am also a fan of her mysteries - The Mark of Merlin and Ring of Fear. I must have read, but don't really recall, Power Lines and Decision at Doona. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Our library doesn't do that cool sway thing. I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts