Psychlone

Author: Greg Bear
Title: Psychlone
Number of pages: 311
First Publication: 1979
Genre: Science-Fiction/Thriller
Synopsis: "The nuclear bomb is the only weapon so terrible that it destroys not only the human body, but the human soul. But what of those souls that were not destroyed, but maimed and ruptured by the blast at Hiroshima? They are coming, across the Pacific ocean, leaving blood and destruction in their wake, searching for revenge. They are the Psychlone! Larry Fowler is a scientist--he doesn't want to be frightened by things he doesn't understand. However, he can't stop asking questions--questions that will bring him face to face with psychlone."

The (original) cover of this book is sadly misleading, it says that it's an Occult Science-Fiction Thriller so I am thinking yes, maybe this will scare me. But it left me feeling nothing but disappointment for its lack of scaring me stiff *tears*.
Pyschlone didn't pick up until somewhere near the middle of the book. It was a slow slow  read, plus I figured out maybe a third of the way in what was causing all of the destruction (those that died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Though, I'm still not sure how I feel about the use of a tragedy like that, for a science-fiction book).
Psychlone: definition, a cyclone(ish, like, entity thing) created by the psyche's that are violently ripped from the body after a horrible death (gruesome, no?).

Psychlone receives 1 out of 5 cameo pendents.


 
 
 
 
 
 


Dame Orchid
(Disclaimer) The above definition is of my own creation and is not mentioned any where in the book (end of disclaimer).

Comments

  1. If it takes too long for a book to pick up, I stop reading. Because even if it does get better, it's usually still boring or just disappointing, and I don't feel like wasting my time with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated! Let's keep it clean, y'all!

Popular Posts