Spinning Pages (35): London Eye Mystery


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes us to London where a brother and sister must determine what happened to their cousin when he disappeared after riding the London Eye. Will they be able to stop arguing enough to solve the case and rescue their cousin Salim?
Some books are harder than others to pair with a song. Sometimes, it is solely based on the fact that there are different aspects of the book that different songs could go with, so the choices are nearly impossible to narrow down...like this week.


I'll Be There by Spica-
You say you’re okay
You always say that it’s not (huh, let’s go)
It’s written on your face, don’t lie to me
Stop hiding like a fool

Being weak, being weak
Is sometimes okay – just don’t give up, no
You believe, believe me, feelin on the beat
Forget all the things of the past – skip
Spread out your shoulders and look up in the sky
Don’t sigh – come out and let it fly

(English translation from Color Coded Lyrics)

 If you're wondering why I selected this song and more specifically why the above lyrics, well, that is a fairly easy question to answer (for once). I chose these lyrics because they made me think of the characters and how they each were attempting to put a brave face on things. Whether it was moving to a new country or facing the fact that you made a wrong decision and having to deal with it. That and how they have to learn to believe (as corny as that sounds) in each other in order to solve the mystery.

You can learn more about The London Eye Mystery by checking out my review.

You can also watch Spica's music video for I'll Be There!

Comments

Popular Posts