Spinning Pages (33): Blueberry Pancakes Forever


Oftentimes, while I'm reading a song will pop into my head because the book makes me think of it; sometimes the reverse happens and a random song will make me think of a book I have readSpinning Pages is a combination of my love for books and music. More often than not, the inspiration for these posts strikes while I have music thumping in my ears while exercising (kind of like how this feature came to be). 




This week on Spinning Pages takes us into the frozen-over world of story. Where things are not just frozen, but the worse they have ever been. Can Tuesday and Serendipity save this world they created?

Have I used this song before, I don't know nor do I care. All that matters is that I have finally found a song that I want to pair with Blueberry Pancakes Forever!! Are you ready???

Shadow by Highlight (formerly known as Beast)-
Hurry and erase the goodbyes
that have smeared black onto the sky
I want to stay by your side
so I can’t get any closer,
so I can’t even look at you
Because I’m a shadow, shadow, shadow




When you really get down to it, this song is perfect for the emotional aspect of Blueberry Pancakes Forever. To me, it just really captures the raw feelings that Tuesday and her mother are experiencing at the beginning of the book. It also really fits the book when you look at the antagonist of the book; I would explain further, but that would be a huge spoiler...so, you're just going to have to take my word and wait till you read the book, which is out (actually the entire series is), and see if you can see the connection my brain is creating with the lyrics and characters.

Curious to know my thoughts on the final Finding Serendipity/Tuesday McGillycuddy book, Blueberry Pancakes Forever, then check out my review!!

Don't forget, you can listen to all of Shadow by Highlight/Beast below whilst checking out the music video!! It's a great song, and when paired with the music video, it is even better!!

Comments

Popular Posts