Beat the Backlist, 2017



I may a month late, but, I am finally signing up for Beat the Backlist (hosted by NovelKnight).

It has been entirely too long since I last participated in a reading challenge. So long in fact that I cannot even recall the last one-maybe four or five years ago. I don't generally make TBR lists, so, this line-up will in all likelihood change a lot throughout the course of the year....

One of my goals is to read more classics and books that have been on my TBR for an embarrassingly amount of time. Highlighted one's are the one's I've read so far this year!!

The List

  • Merchant of Venice, Shakespeare
  • A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
  • Animal Farm, George Orwell
  • A Man of All Seasons, Robert Bolt
  • Ballad of the White Horse, G.K. Chesterton
  • The Bridge of San Luis Rey, Thornton Wilder (reviewed)
  • Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis
  • Song of the Scaffold, Gertrud von le Fort
  • Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorn
  • Macbeth, Shakespeare
  • Murder in the Cathedral, T.S. Elliot
  • Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe
  • Searching for Dragons, Patricia C. Wrede (reviewed)
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson (currently reading)

Comments

Popular Posts