I Want to Read It (39): Last Day on Mars



I Want to Read It, a hybrid between WLW (or WOW) and what's on my to-be read pile. Well, instead of focusing just on books I would like to acquire, I will be using it to feature books that I just want to read. From the one's I want to buy to the one's sitting on my TBR at home.



Last Day on Mars (Chronicles of the Dark Star, 1) by Kevin Emerson, February 14, 2017. Published by Walden Pond Press. Source; Wishlist.
It is Earth year 2213—but, of course, there is no Earth anymore. Not since it was burned to a cinder by the sun, which has mysteriously begun the process of going supernova. The human race has fled to Mars, but this was only a temporary solution while we prepare for a second trip: a one-hundred-fifty-year journey to a distant star, our best guess at where we might find a new home.
Liam Saunders-Chang is one of the last humans left on Mars. The son of two scientists who have been racing against time to create technology vital to humanity’s survival, Liam, along with his friend Phoebe, will be on the very last starliner to depart before Mars, like Earth before it, is destroyed.


Why

If you could not tell, after taking most of December off, I am somewhat behind on book news. Like for instance, I had no idea until last week that Kevin Emerson had a new middle grade book coming out this year from Walden Pond Press! *flails* I cannot even tell y'all how excited I am for Last Day on Mars because it sounds like such an interesting read. I for one and really hoping that the first book, yes it's a series, gives some more information on why the sun has started to go supernova (in the book). Curiouser, and curiouser.

Have you added this one to your 2017 TBR??

Comments

Popular Posts