This Book is SO (13): Overly Informative and DRY


You know sometimes you're in the middle of a book and are just about to explode with feelings, be they good or bad, and you just want get them out there and no one is willing to listen. Well, that's what "This Book is So" is for; tell us how your current read is making you feel. Are you head over heels in love with, feeling kind of 'meh' about it, or maybe it's making you feel rage-y.



On a whim, I started listening to an audio book that I've had on my computer for at least two years. Oh man, it has started off so, so dull and dry and the narration is putting me to sleep. Like, I did not need to know that much about certain things!!

Usually I'll just give up on boring books such as this, but, after the halfway point it slowly started to improve. Of course, that could be because it's finally nearing the main crux of the plot! 


Literally, this was me during the first 40% of the audio book! Bored to oblivion by the story and narration...contemplating at this point not finishing it...

UGH! Enough with the information dump! This is supposed to be thrilling and...just stop!!!


Yeah, I don't think you should have done that...or that. We all know it will play into what happens to all involved.

                                                      This is not good! Not at all!

                                Yeah, things just went from bad to worse! Pretty sure things are going to be even more dire before the book ends.

                                     At least they knew that! Though they could have been a little smarter about things!


While the story has picked up, the narrator is still somewhat lacking. Not to be mean, he's just reading it in a way that makes me sleepy and not inclined to listen to the book for long periods of time.

So, any ideas on what book I'm currently listening to? I enjoying listening to audio books while doing chores and blog work. It doesn't seem to bother, or distract, me to be typing up posts that have nothing to do with the book piping through my ears. 

Comments

Popular Posts